Exploring Creation with: Earth Science (JUNIOR Notebooking Journal)
Exploring Creation with: Earth Science (Textbook)Hard Cover
- Product Status:
- Apologia Young Explorers
- Product Audience:
- Rachael Yunis
- Hard Cover
[Error: cmi_cms_block - Unable to find CMS block "apologia-journal-discount"]
Your young explorer will begin this course with an overview of our cosmic address in the observable universe and then grow in the knowledge of what, in the entire universe, makes Earth special and capable of sustaining life.
An awareness of the world will develop as students interact with the geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere of the Earth. By digging deeper into the many different layers of the Earth and the cycles that renew the face of the Earth, they will acquire not only wisdom that will endure for a lifetime but also an appreciation for our Creator.
There are 14 lessons included in this one-year earth science course. A detailed lesson plan is included in the Notebooking Journal.
- Lesson 1: The Observable Universe
- Lesson 2: Life in the Habitable Zone
- Lesson 3: Spheres of the Earth
- Lesson 4: Mapping Your World
- Lesson 5: The Geosphere
- Lesson 6: Making and Shaping the Land
- Lesson 7: The Hydrosphere
- Lesson 8: Th Atmosphere
- Lesson 9: Climate and Weather
- Lesson 10: Weather Forecasting
- Lesson 11: The Biosphere
- Lesson 12: Cycles of Life
- Lesson 13: Places on Earth
- Lesson 14: God in Creation
Features of Exploring Creation with Earth Science
- Based on the Charlotte Mason philosophy of learning
- Filled with spectacular photos and graphics
- Easy to incorporate into your homeschool plan with the Suggested Weekly Schedule, which is included in the Notebooking Journal
- Packed with a wide variety of engaging hands-on activities
- Has one special project that winds its way through its lessons. Students build and map out a globe as they grow in their understanding of our planet. It will remind them of all that they’ve learned as they display it through the years.
What Do I Need to Use This Homeschool Earth Science Course?
To complete this earth science course, we recommend the hard-cover textbook and spiral Notebooking Journal (Years 5-7) or the Junior Notebooking Journal for early elementary ages or children with limited writing skills.
The earth science course for elementary grades is packed with a variety of hands-on activities, experiments, and projects. These can be completed with household materials. Click "View Inside" above to view a sample of this course, including the textbook, Table of Contents, Lab Supply List, and sample pages from the corresponding notebook(s).
What Are Some of the Activities in This Earth Science Course?
Listed below are just a few of the many engaging hands-on activities in this course. Click the View Sample button to view sample lessons from the textbook, Notebooking Journal, Junior Notebooking Journal, the Table of Contents with a complete listing of all the topics and activities, and the Lab Supply List.
- A Galaxy Mobile
- A Goldilocks Zone
- A Globe and add features to it throughout the course!
Use Hands-On Activities to Understand:
- Invisible Forces
- Tectonic Plate Movement
- Sunlight and Seasons
- Weather and Climate
- Unique Places on Earth and the Science Behind Them
- Cycles and Scientists
- Personal Thoughts
- Fascinating Facts
And So Much More…
What is the Daily Schedule for Earth Science?
We have provided a detailed schedule for Earth Science in the front of each Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal. This schedule specifically outlines what to read and what activities to complete.
In keeping with the other titles in the Young Explorer Series, the schedule is similar. On average, you should expect to spend about two weeks per lesson. There are 14 lessons in Exploring Creation with Earth Science, so the entire course takes about 28 weeks to complete. Families are encouraged to adapt the schedule to fit their needs. Since most school years are longer than 28 weeks, there is plenty of time to fit in family holidays and breaks as needed.
You might also like